[imp] IMP 4.0 slower than 3.0

Michael Keightley Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com
Mon Jan 10 02:40:09 PST 2005

We have imp-3.2.7 and imp-h3-4.0.01 running on the same machine (Sun E450
running Solaris 8).  I've noticed that to display messages is about half the
speed on IMP4 than IMP3,  this is especially bad on dial-up as it takes 8
seconds to display a message, rather than 4 secs for IMP3.
Anyone any ideas why this might be?  Displaying a folder seems only slightly
slower, it is mainly when you click on a message.

Michael

--
Michael Keightley <Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com>    Tel: +44 131 240 3137
Systems Manager, Quadstone Limited,                    Fax: +44 131 220 4492