[imp] general question on postfix, cyrus, imp on multiple domains

Dustin Mitchell dustin at ywlcs.org
Sun Jan 16 06:22:28 PST 2005

I have a similar setup put together.  In terms of the backend, which
really isn't an IMP question, I'll just say that I compiled Postfix to
support SQL-based tables, and put together a database schema which
translates a table similar to that written below into Postfix's required
tables.  The system delivers all mail destined for a specific user to a
single mailbox (whence the user can filter/sort with sieve, once I get
around to installing Ingo).

In terms of the frontend, I added a shim to the IMP startup (not using a
hook -- I don't know if there's a suitable hook for this), which queries
the database for all email adddresses which would forward to the
logged-in-user, and makes any necessary changes to list all of those
addreses in the user' identities preference.  Then, when composing a
message, the user sees all of their identities available in a popup.

It was all faily straightforward, and while I don't want to post the
code to the list, I'd be happy to share it privately.

Dustin