[imp] Re: folder sidebar [Patch]

Sven Andersen news at cryonet.de
Sun Jan 16 07:43:12 PST 2005

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Zitat von Sven Andersen <news at cryonet.de>:
>
>> Jan Schneider schrieb:

>>> No, but you can lower the refresh rate in your options.
>>

>> What about a javascript/dhtml-solution if th client is capable of and a
>> (javascript) sidebar-reload in case an unread message is being read in
>> all non-dhtml-browsers? This should be configurable of course.
>

> Patch?

Heres a patch to add this functionality. It´s a javscript-only-solution
for the moment. dhtml will take a while. It introduces a funtion in the
framework which adds a js for reloading the sidebar. I added this
everywhere it looked usefull to me (creating/deleting/renaming folders,
flagging messages, reading an unread mail etc.). The feature is a
per-user-setting now and enabled by default.

By the way - I think theres a bug with the subscription-code. If I´m
using imap-subscriptions and choose to show all hidden folders in the
folder-page also the sidebar-view is updated and shows the unsubscribed
folders. I think this behaviour is correct. But if I choose to revert
this setting it works for the folder-page but the sidebar still shows
the unsubscribed folders until I logout. Bug? Feature?

Greetz
Sven