[imp] [horde] save settings

Hans Novak horde at repcom.de
Fri Jan 21 02:15:35 PST 2005

Hi folks,

this is my last attempt, to try the horde family.
I have install (again and again) the latest horde on Debian sarge with
mysql.
After Install, rename the *.dist files in config dir, import the
"mysq_create" script,
start the web browser, set the settings for the database and save.
Everithing looks fine, but i cant save the usersettings. I have try
another mysql database from an other server,
who works fine with an older version from horde.
Same result. For example, i cant save the language or other things.

IMP is not installed, i was simply trying without any addon to horde.

Hans
p.s. here is the testscreen:

  Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.0.2

  Horde Applications

    * Horde: 3.0.2
    * Imp: H3 (4.0.1) ()

  PHP Version

    * PHP Version: 4.3.10-2
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 10
    * PHP Subminor Version: 2
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

  PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: *Yes*
    * DOM XML Support: *Yes*
    * FTP Support: *Yes*
    * GD Support: *Yes*
    * Gettext Support: *Yes*
    * Iconv Support: *Yes*
    * IMAP Support: *Yes*
    * LDAP Support: *Yes*
    * Mbstring Support: *Yes*
    * MCAL Support: *No*
    * Mcrypt Support: *No*
    * MIME Magic Support: *Yes*
    * MySQL Support: *Yes*
    * OpenSSL Support: *Yes*
    * PostgreSQL Support: *No*
    * XML Support: *Yes*
    * Zlib Support: *Yes*

  Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: *Yes*
    * memory_limit disabled: *No*
      *If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high
      enough Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g.
      large mail attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable
      the PHP memory limit by recompiling PHP /without/ the
      "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If this is not possible, then you
      should set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently
      high value (Current value of memory_limit: 8M).*
    * file_uploads enabled: *Yes*
    * safe_mode disabled: *Yes*
    * session.use_trans_sid disabled: *Yes*
    * session.auto_start disabled: *Yes*

  Required Horde Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: *Yes*
    * config/mime_drivers.php: *Yes*
    * config/nls.php: *Yes*
    * config/prefs.php: *Yes*
    * config/registry.php: *Yes*

  PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 1
    * To unregister the session:

  PEAR

    * *PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)*:
       /srv/www/thisserver/horde/lib:.:/usr/share/php
    * PEAR: *Yes*
    * Recent PEAR: *Yes*
    * Mail_RFC822: *Yes*
    * Mail_Mime: *Yes*
    * Log: *Yes*
    * DB: *Yes*
    * Net_Socket: *Yes*
    * Date: *Yes*
    * Auth_SASL: *No*
      *Horde will work without the Auth_SASL class, but if you use
      Access Control Lists in IMP you should be aware that without this
      class passwords will be sent to the IMAP server in plain text when
      retrieving ACLs.*
    * HTTP_Request: *No*
      *Parts of Horde (Jonah, the XML-RPC client/server) use the
      HTTP_Request library to retrieve URLs and do other HTTP requests.*
    * File: *Yes*
    * Net_SMTP: *Yes*
    * Services_Weather: *No*
      *Services_Weather is used by the weather applet/block on the
      portal page.*