[imp] Problem with S/MIME OpenSSL with IMP on Windows 2003

Matthias Behnke Behnke at fzi.de
Fri Jan 21 02:15:55 PST 2005

Hello,

I successfully managed to get Horde 3.0.2, IMP 4.0.1 and Turba 2.0 working
on Windows Server 2003 with IIS6 - mostly.

Unfortunately I cannot get the S/MIME Private Key Import working.

My config:

PHP installed in C:\PHP
Horde,IMP,Turba installed in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2
OpenSSL installed in C:\OpenSSL (C:\OpenSSL\bin\openssl.exe)
Safe mode (PHP) ist not enabled.
IUSR_*** has access to all directories specified above.

I specified the path to the openssl binary in IMP's conf.php. When I try to
do the import I get the following errors:

Warning: popen(c:/openssl/bin/openssl.exe pkcs12 -in
C:\PHP\uploadtemp\hor7D2.tmp -out C:\PHP\uploadtemp\hor7D3.tmp -nocerts
-passin stdin -nodes,w): No error in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\horde\lib\Horde\Crypt\smime.php on line 1342

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\horde\lib\Horde\Crypt\smime.php on line 1344

Warning: pclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\horde\lib\Horde\Crypt\smime.php on line 1348

I tried different paths for openssl (with backslash, other locations), I
even set the openssl\bin to be in the PATH variable in Windows.
Executing the above commandline (with backslashes) in a shell successfully
opens the key.

Uploading should work (I successfully uploaded attachments).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Matthias