[imp] folder drop down in main menu

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Jan 21 14:24:09 PST 2005

Not using the latest version of Horde/IMP, so this might be already
fixed.  I found some vogue line in changelog that there were some fixes
to sorting of folder drop down list, but nothing about fixing missing
folders in the list.

The problem I have is that folders in folder drop down are displayed in
strange order, and some parent folders are not displayed at all, making
the list very confusing.  This is when using Cyrus IMAP server (the
problem is similar with and without altnamespace).

Basically, it looks something like this.  I have access to following
folders (output of cyradm's listmailbox command).  Some of them are my
personal folders, some are shared public folders, and some are folders
shared by other users.

bureq (\HasNoChildren)
shared.foobar (\HasNoChildren)
user.amilivojevic (\HasChildren)
user.amilivojevic.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
user.amilivojevic.Sent Items (\HasNoChildren)
user.amilivojevic.Spam (\HasNoChildren)
user.amilivojevic.Templates (\HasNoChildren)
user.foobar (\HasChildren)
user.foobar.shared (\HasNoChildren)
user.foobar.shared-to-all (\HasNoChildren)
user.user2 (\HasChildren)
user.user2.shr (\HasNoChildren)

Mailbox user.amilivojevic is my INBOX folder as stored on Cyrus server.

IMP displays this as follows in drop down.

INBOX
bureq
    Drafts
    Sent Items
    Spam
    Templates
shared.
    foobar
    foobar.
       shared
       shared-to-all
    user2.
       shr

Clearly, "bureq" is shown in totaly wrong place in the list.  It should
be displayed after subfolders of INBOX.  Also, top-level entry for
"user." is not displayed at all, making the list even more confusing
(two entries for foobar, plus it is not clear if folder is public shared
folder, or it belongs to another user).  Not sure why it is missing.

If I turn altnamespace on on the Cyrus server, the resulting drop down
list in IMP is again incorrect:

INBOX
Drafts
    foobar.
       shared
       shared-to-all
    user2.
       shr
Sent Items
Shared Folders.
    bureq
    shared.
       foobar
Spam
Templates

In this case, "Other Users" as returned by Cyrus is ommited (this
corresponds to missing "user." folder in previous listing).

In both cases (altnamespace on and off), if I click on folders icon, the
"Folder Navigator" screen shows folders correctly (left is with
altnamspace off, right is with altnamespace on):

INBOX                       INBOX
    Drafts                   Drafts
    Sent Items               Other Users.
    Spam                        foobar.
    Templates                      shared
bureq                             shared-to-all
shared.                        user2.
    foobar                         shr
user.                       Sent Items
    foobar.                  Shared Folders.
       shared                   bureq
       shared-to-all            shared.
    user2                          foobar
       shr                   Templates

What else...  I have folders and namespace set to empty strings (I don't
have "cosmetic" issues, I'm quite happy with seeing my folders as
subfolders of INBOX).  Everything else is just basically default
configuration.