[imp] Swedish chars in attachment in imp 4

Sat Jan 22 11:31:06 PST 2005

Hello.

I feel kind of stupid asking this 'cause I'm sure this works well elsewhere,
but I'm stuck and need help.

Currently we have a IMP 4.0 CVS running in production (from about jan 2003).
All pages are shown in ISO-8859-1 and when I click on attachments for download
MSIE behaves fine (there are bugs in IMP for certain types, but filenames with
åäö isn't a problem).

Now I have installed a fresh IMP 4.0.1 (thanks for the app!) and it shows
pages in UTF-8 by default. That is fine with me, but it seems to me as if MSIE
cannot handle the attachments with åäö in filename. It seems like UTF-8 combos
instead of the swedish char in filename.
I tried the same files with Firefox, and it works well.

Is this a MSIE bug, a IMP bug, or me beeing stupid somewhere?

Tried changing default locale for system, changed apaches default charset, but
makes no difference (and shouldn't?).

Appreciate any help.

/Peter