[imp] Problems w/IMP 4.0 in firefox and quota issues

Kevin Hanser imp2 at hanser.org
Mon Jan 24 11:29:57 PST 2005

<snip>

>> My quota configuation looks like this: (I've set up sudo so that the
>> apache user
>> can run the quota command w/out a password)
>>
>>     'quota' => array(
>>         'driver' => 'command',
>>         'params' => array(
>>                 'quota_path' => 'sudo /usr/bin/quota',
>>                 'grep_path'  => '/bin/grep'
>>         )
>>     )
>>

>> And the sudo log confirms that the command is being run:
>> Jan 23 21:55:42 opti sudo:   apache : TTY=unknown ;
>> PWD=/var/www/localhost/vhost
>> s/webmail/horde ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/quota -u j
>
> Is your username really "j"? Look at the getQuota() method in
> lib/Quota/command.php to see what the quota call returns.

Yep, my username is really "j" :)

I checkec out the command.php script as you suggested, and I found that
I had to
make a slight modification to make it work.  It seems that when the script is
trying to determine my "homedir" that it will be grepping for, it's either
getting the wrong thing, or nothing at all.

The output of my quota command on my system looks something like this;

Disk quotas for user quotatest (uid 505):
      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota
limit   grace
       /dev/sda3      25  100000  150000              10       0       0

So I had to make a slight change to the command.php script and added in the
drive/filesystem manually:

         $homedir = split('/', $passwd_array['dir']);
         # 20050124 - kmh
         # on my system, the quota command shows the filesystem... not
the user's
         # homedir... so this needs to be set to whatever the filesystem
         # is that the quota is on
         $homedir[1] = "/dev/sda3";

Once I made that change, my quotas are showing up properly in IMP! :)

thx!