[imp] contacts with multiple email addresses (worked in IMP3, doesn't in IMP4)

Daniel Floyd dfloyd at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 13:53:35 PST 2005

I recently installed Horde 3.0.2, IMP 4.0.1, and Turba 2.0 alongside my
installation of Horde 2.2.6, IMP 3.2.6, and Turba 1.2.2.  In the old
version, I modified Turba to add two additional email addresses and a couple
other fields to a contact's info.  I added the appropriate code to the SQL
schema and to turba/config/attributes.php and everything was fine.  When I
do an "Expand Names" in an IMP compose window and what I have entered in one
of the recipient fields matchs a contact with multiple email addresses, it
tells me to resolve ambiguous names and I get a combo box to choose the
correct email address.  Likewise, if I click "Address Book" in the IMP
compose window, it will list all the email addresses for each contact.  In
name view, it will repeat names in the list for each email that a contact
has.

However, in the new version, I have done the same thing to add the
additional fields to Turba's contact info.  However, when I expand names in
IMP, it just fills in the field with the first email address in the contact
and doesn't give the combo box.  Likewise, when displaying the Address Book
from the IMP compose window, the list only contains the first email address
for each contact.

I've tried looking through the code, but this is the first time I've really
looked at files outside the /config directory and I'm not overly familiar
with PHP, so I'm little lost.  I don't know for sure if the problem is in
Turba or IMP.  However, I do know that Turba searches do work correctly with
the added fields.  For example, if I configure IMP to search the address
book using the added email fields and then type in a string that will only
match one of the added fields, it finds the contact, but fills in the
contact's first email address without recognizing it as being ambiguous
because it has multiple email addresses like in the old version.  Likewise,
if I enter a string that will match multiple contacts, some with multiple
email addresses, I get the combo box, but it only lists the first email
address for each contact that matched.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel