[imp] 'smtphost' in servers.php don't fully work

Lukyanov lichnoye at macbox.ru
Tue Feb 1 02:25:02 PST 2005

This is my story.

I have:

- server0 (Apache2, Horde3+Imp4+PHP4)
- server1 (IMAP/SMTP) for mail domain example1
- server2 (IMAP/SMTP) for mail domain example2

We already install and configure Horde, Horde and IMP working fine only if we have one IMAP server
and add two lines in /horde/conf.php:

$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'server1.example1';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 25;

But we have two (ore more) IMAP servers and must send separate mail for each domain using
apropriate IMAP/SMTP server.

I read in servers.php...

* smtphost: If specified, and $conf['mailer']['type'] is set to 'smtp',
*           IMP will use this host for outbound SMTP connections.  This
*           value overrides any existing $conf['mailer']['params']['host']
*           value at runtime.

... and try to use this feature, but IMP still send mail to host specified in horde conf file (or
if not, IMP use local sendmail).
I can sucessfully authorizate on IMAP server, read mail, but only can't send messages.
This feature don't work!

This is my conf files.

/horde/conf.php

$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = false;
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

/horde/imp/servers.php

$servers['example1'] = array(
      'name' => 'NAME1',