[imp] S/MIME viewing problems with Horde 3.0.2 and IMP H3 (4.0.1)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Feb 2 08:54:01 PST 2005

Quoting Tim Winders <twinders at southplainscollege.edu>:

>> > Did you enable S/MIME support in your options?
>
> OK.  I found the enable S/MIME support for my individual user.  I enabled
> S/MIME support, I imported my key.
>
> Now, when I open an S/MIME message, I see the message "This message has been
> digitally signed via S/MIME."  and I see "The message has been verified.
> Sender: twinders at southplainscollege.edu."
>
> But, I have the same problem when I click on the attachment.  In this case,
> the Tim Winders.vcf attachment.  I get "Fatal error: Call to a member
> function getPart() on a non-object in
> /local/horde/lib/Horde/MIME/Contents.php on line 211"
>
> But, if I send a message to myself with this attachment and do not sign the
> email, the attachment opens and I can import the vcf into the addressbook.

I can't reproduce.  Steps taken to reproduce:
1. Send myself a signed S/MIME message.
2. Attach your .vcf attachment
3. Open the message w/IMP - message renders fine.
4. Click on your .vcf attachment
5. The details of your .vcf file display just fine in the popup window.

Since S/MIME and PGP attachments require that the contents be stored in
the session cache prior to retrieval, maybe there is an issue with
that?  What kind of session storage are you using?

michael