[imp] IMP using LDAP backend for authentication and preferences

Judson Bishop judson.bishop at eamc.org
Thu Feb 3 06:32:49 PST 2005

Not sure what how you have it set up.  I have sent most of this before,
but here is more of my configuration.  My backend is
postfix/cyrus/opnldap.

I uncommented the cyrus stuff in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/config/servers.php

My cyrus set up authenticates to openldap.

Then, as I said before I set it up this way:

/var/www/html/horde/config/conf.php
//Single sign on
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator', '09049', 'Manager');
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;

/var/www/html/horde/config/prefs.php
// what application should we go to after login?
$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
    'value' => 'imp',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after
login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
);

This give me my automagically generated mail folders.  Everything here
is automated for 2,500 users, when they are hired they are given an
email address through LDAP and when they are fired they are deleted.

Jud Bishop