[imp] ingo and timsieved

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Feb 3 06:51:20 PST 2005

I'm attempting to configure Ingo for managing sieve scripts.  And it's
driving me crazy.

I've configured single backend like this (I've tried using both
mail.pbl.ca and pbl.ca as value of 'preferred'):

$backends['sieve'] = array(
     'driver' => 'timsieved',
     'preferred' => 'pbl.ca',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         // Hostname of the timsieved server
         'hostspec' => 'mail.pbl.ca',
         // Login type of the server
         'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
         // Port number of the timsieved server
         'port' => 2000,
         // Name of the sieve script
         'scriptname' => 'ingo'
     ),
     'script' => 'sieve',
     'scriptparams' => array()
);

Basically, this is the example configuration for sieve, with host names
changed to match what I have.

When I create simple filtering rule, and try to active it (or do
anything else that would cause ingo to connect to timsieved), I just get
an empty screen.  Judging from logs and confirmed with tcpdump, ingo
never attempted to connect to timsieved.  Am I doing anything wrong
here?  Horde is configured to use IMP for authentication, so horde's
username/password should work for ingo too.