[imp] address separation with semicolon

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 15:21:48 PST 2005

Oh, those Outlook users.......

The biggest problem I have with my userbase are those outlook-people.
They are used to use semicolon for address separation.

If they type into the To: field:
test at domain.com; test2 at domain.com
The semicolon will be changed to a colon while sending. That's fine. That was
in a recent update, I think from 4.0 to 4.0.1.

But now they have found the auto-expansion. :-/

Now if you type
test, test2
it expandes correctly to test at domain.com, test2 at domain.com
A wonderful feature by the way. I really love it.

But they cannot let go of the outlook style and type
test; test2
and get:
"test;.test2"@domain.com

Is that wanted (I cannot imagine, why)? If not, can it be changed that it can
correct the error the user made without intention?

Best,
Daniel