[imp] general advice needed on how to handle multiple domains

Mark Fink mark_fink at web.de
Tue Feb 15 01:00:27 PST 2005

Hi!

I am a new user to IMP and I have a question on usage. I am not sure if this is a 100% IMP question and obviously there are various solutions for this. I need advise from the experts on this.

This is what I want:
I have a couple of websites (domains) and I want to handle all my email in one IMP account since I do not want to logoff, logon all the time. No catchall on the domains, I want to be specific on the email addresses. I want another user account for my wife to collect traffic from other email addresses on the same domains.

This is what I have:
Postfix MTU, Cyrus, MySQL database, Web-Cyradm 0.5.4, most resent Horde, Imp and Turba software.

I understand that this is not a 100% IMP question (maybe the best solution would be something in postfix) but I come to this list because I need advise from so. who understands the whole scenario. When I got the big picture on this I will figure out the details by myself.

Unfortunately I am currently not able to pay for this advice. I will produce some detailed Document on my website on how to set things up. This is currently the only way to pay back my cents to the community.

Best Regards,
Mark