[imp] Re: Fwd: imp4 compatilbility with php5

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Wed Feb 16 07:42:53 PST 2005

Tom Whiting wrote:
> I've been using IMP with php5 for a few months with no issues at all. I believe there's an issue with IMP and php5 and Turcke MMcache, but all you have to do to get around that is use the loader itself, not the module, and you'll be fine.

I've seen at least one PHP application (not related to Horde project, it
was Smartsieve web interface for managing Sieve scripts) that works
correctly under PHP4, but is broken when run under PHP5.  For
production, I'd wait for Horde/IMP developers to give green light that
PHP5 is OK to use and fully supported.  There's always a danger that
there might be a branch of code that is affected with differences
between PHP4 and PHP5, but you were simply lucky not to hit it.  For
testing, I guess PHP5 is OK to use.  That is what I have currently, PHP4
for production Horde/IMP installation, PHP5 for testing/devel installation.