[imp] Re: bad bad bad

Guenole Le Gurudec guenole at erival-info.com
Thu Feb 17 08:05:38 PST 2005

> Each time I use IMP, I wonder how it is possible the Horde guys downgrade
> this product each time they upgrade it. An incredibly complex and huge set
> of scripts that cannot deliver the main thing: to show clearly an email box!
> The icons are more and more misterious, the security bugs proliferate like
> rabbits and the overall use of the interface is so frustrating... My list of
> obvious concept mistakes is so long, does not pay to ennumerate them.
> Horde guys missed the point. We want to see our emaill, that's it.

Hum... I use Imp since the Imp3 version (i think since 2001...).

This project is huge ! Horde, Turba, Imp, Passwd, Vacation, etc. Now Ingo...
Imp4 is new ! It has been released since 2/3 months... I use Imp4 on my
production Server, and it work fine ! I read my mail, i reply to yours, and
manage my folders.... Now, since 2001, i know how to install it (i install Imp
on server for my customers directly on their lan), to tuned fine, to debug, to
analyse problems.... And the "Horde guys" (like you say) don't have to listen
your opinion without real explications ! Their work is fabulous ! Imp is a
great project, incredible software, and Jan (for example) is always here to
reply to our problems ! bad bad bad is what i think of your mail !

I'm sorry for my poor english... I'm french... Habitually, i only read this
list, but there, i must reply !

--
(o<    Guenole Le Gurudec
//\      Aka

"Ce serait une des plus grandes opportunités manquées de notre époque si le
logiciel libre ne libérait que du logiciel !"