[imp] Re: Link behavior with .doc files

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Sun Feb 20 10:35:15 PST 2005

This message is in MIME format.

--=_dtopgyazxwg

I don't want to beat this to death - I agree with you - but my users
don't. I get lot's of complaints about not being able to click on the
document and have it appear.  Of course I am weaning them from Outlook
- I think you and your partners work with this project is pretty
astounding  and I thank you - Just take this discussion as an
observation  of a small time user of your product. Happy users make for
better product acceptance. I am fighting against lots of products and
vendors, and state and regional people to give my users the best
product available, which we all know is Horde/IMP et. al.

> Zitat von Bill Graham <grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com>:
>
>> It seems out of architecture to build a viewer when I want to use an
>> existing mechanism and I am not really rendering the attachment.
>> Perhaps I have mis-stated myself. Is it possible to have any MIME
>> attachment of unknown type produce a clickable link - so I get
>> clickable link where the name is shown - just like it does for a
>> known Mime type . Perhaps this would be a configuration option that
>> would be something like "Download Unknown Mime type"
>
> That's what the download icon is for. Have ambiguous meanings for the
> attachment link only confuses users.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
then delete it. Thank you.

--=_dtopgyazxwg

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available