[imp] Spellcheck and SELinux...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:47:06 PST 2005

Hi folks!

I've just installed Imp on a Fedora Core 3 system. Everything is
working great except for a small problem with spell checking and
SELinux. The targeted policy prohibits "http scripts" using the /tmp
directory... so aspell runs but doesn't return any results in the
$warnings array. If I disable SELinux, it works fine... but since this
server will be running in a hostile environment, I'd rather not.  I
could also add:

allow httpd_sys_script_t httpd_config_t:dir getattr;

... to the targeted policy, but I'd prefer not modify it or open this
directory up to other less trustworthy scripts running on the system.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem? If so,
can you recommend a better solution?

Thanks,

-Tom