[imp] Re: Questions about composing messages on IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Mar 15 08:50:27 PST 2005

Quoting Marco Maiani <m.maiani at comune.scandicci.fi.it>:

> In IMP composing windows I have two options called "Request a Read
> Receipt" and "Request Delivery Confirmation". What are the differences
> between the two options? They ask always the same read Receipt!

No they don't.

Read Receipt = sent when the user actually views the message
Delivery Confirmation = sent when the receiving mail server
successfully receives the mail onto the local system

Or, in more technical terms, a read receipt is sent through interaction
with the MUA; a delivery confirmation is sent automatically upon
request (if supported) with the MTA.

michael