[imp] Re: Extremely weird IMAP behaviour - IMP or c-client problem?

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Sun Mar 20 19:37:20 PST 2005

Paul wrote:
> Are you sure you're using the correct folder path for your
> imap server in servers.php?

I thought of that and tried a few choices I thought would be the right ones.

I have '' by default which works, though I don't see an INBOX, and IMP also
doesn't show the Search or Compose links under the Mail container in the
left hand side menu.

I tried '/' and 'INBOX' which both may or may not have worked, but in the
end didn't solve the login problems.  I don't know what other choices I
should use...  SmartMax IMAP allows folders to be outside of the INBOX
folder, so I assumed that a '' value would be the right choice.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but MS Outlook is able to
communicate with SmartMax IMAP just fine - no problems at all doing any
operations.

If you have any other values to try, let me know.  I was also fiddling with
the hordeauth setting, though I don't know if that's even making any
difference as my preauthentication hook sets up proper login info when you
go to log in.  I've tried with hordeauth set false, true and 'full', and
none seem to make any difference (though I will be checking that in more
detail when I get to troubleshooting my SMTP auth problem which is unrelated
to this IMAP problem).

Eli.