[imp] Re: Proper hook to use to modify IMAP/SMTP server info

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Wed Mar 23 16:15:24 PST 2005

Jan wrote:
> If hardcoding the value in servers.php works, why don't you
> add your hooks code to servers.php?

Just a follow up for any interested.  My initial use of the preauth hook was
actually OK.  Modifying/setting the values in $_SESSION['imp'] achieves what
I intended.

The reason for my problems was due to my own code used in the preauth hook -
I wasn't taking in to consideration MX priorities, and so the domain I was
testing with which had 3 different MX records had IMP randomly trying to log
in to one of the 3 MX records - only one of which would work... Thus causing
random login/logout failures :P

Eli.