[imp] Single Web Server Multiple Mail Domain

Lewis Lee lewislee at nbase.com.hk
Sat Mar 26 19:51:01 PST 2005

Hi hi,

	I like Horde and IMP and would like to use them for my server. I'm
using sendmail with Horde 3.1-cvs with IMP4.1-cvs. But my problem is that in
my case, I've only one server that act as the IMP server and the web server.
I've several domain email to be received from it. But then, every user login
may have only one domain as their email address that is:

Username is only 'user1', 'user2', 'user3' to login to system, and their
email address is:

user1 at domain1.com
user2 at domain2.com
user3 at domain3.com

But after login to IMP

user1 at domain1.com
user2 at domain1.com
user3 at domain1.com

	Is there any way that user1, 2, 3 will have their domain as part of
the email address after logged in to IMP automatically? But I cannot use the
virtual domain to implement it as we all know, users may be able to login
from other virtual domain page that's not accetable in my case. Nor let the
user to select mail domain, as user will choose the wrong domain they're in.

	What I want is, only ONE IMP Login page, and user enter the username
and the password ONLY. Then pressing submit button will logged in to IMP,
and when they compose mail, the domain will be automatically 'MAPPED' to
their domain. That's should be, of course, corrsepond to the
/etc/mail/virtusertable table.

	I've do a little change to the IMP so that it retrieve a user
defined mapping table from the php file. I've ALL the email username and
their domain in it. Everytime the IMP try to get the user email when they
compose messages, it will retrieve the user's email from the table instead
of just getting it from the default coding of IMP. I know what I'm doing is
stupid but it work's fine in my case. But then everytime I upgrade the Horde
and IMP, I'll have to do the programming again that it's really out of my
knowledge (I don't know php programming actually). Any help will greatly be
appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Lewis