[imp] IMP 4.X, compose window addressbook source question

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Mar 29 18:31:27 PST 2005

In imp/contacts.php, the list of sources for searching in the Address Book
window are derived.  It looks like the following occurs to me:

1)  A list of all available sources is made.
2)  If the page is redrawn due to a submission, use the existing source
3)  Make the "add_source" the first item in the list
4)  If that doesn't exist, use the preferences in "search_sources"

Now given a simple addressbook setup - localsql, which is the add_source in a
database and ldap, which is a read-only corporate directory.  My search_sources
order is ldap, localsql, so I'd expect all my addressbook searching to be done
in that order, and where given a choice between two or more, to default to the
first one in that order (for example, in a menu).  But because of #3 above
(line 22 in contacts.php), its defaulting to my add_source and my corporate
directory is showing up second.

Commenting out line 22 achieves the desired result and if my add_source is in
search_sources, it shows up in the list in the order that I want it to.  What
is the logic for having add_source trump my stored preferences for search
sources?

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer