[imp] Re: IMP 4.X, compose window addressbook source question

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Mar 30 04:59:09 PST 2005

> I'm not sure - since contacts.php is for searching, it seems to me like
> it'd make more sense to go with the search sources first. If others
> agree we can change this in CVS.
>
> -chuck

I think it should be changed.  The current code seems to totally ignore my
search_sources preferences and reads in _all_ available addressbooks
(line 15).
I thought commenting out line 22 would allow search_sources to be used, but I
think what is happening is $source_list is overriding $source.  I have three
addressbooks defined and I only want to use two for searching, but the
contacts
screen lists them all, in the following order - add_source, then the
order they
are listed in turba's sources.php (excluding the add_source, which is always
listed first).

What I'd propose is simplifying to this:
Pull in the preferences for search_sources and use them, in the order they are
defined.
If those are unavailable or aren't set, use the add_source.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator