[imp] Re: No folders except INBOX and Virtual Folders in sidebar/folder view

S JList sjlist at heidelberg.edu
Wed Mar 30 14:19:06 PST 2005

Rick Emery wrote:

>>Running CVS HEAD, with IMP options set to expand the entire folder tree
>>by default. Since a few days ago (just updated again to be certain),
>>when I log in, only INBOX and Virtual Folders (with Virtual INBOX) are
>>displayed in the sidebar and in the IMP folder view. If, in folder
>>view, I click "Expand All", all of the folders are then displayed with
>>corresponding message counts. Thereafter, when the sidebar updates, all
>>folders with pending message counts are displayed.
>>

>>Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?
>>

>Evidently I'm the only one. I've traced it to this change:
>
>http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/framework/IMAP/IMAP/Tree.php?r1=1.64&r2=1.65&ty=u
>
>which was a fix for bug 1620. If I revert the "if" statement (simply
>taking out the check "!($elt['a'] & LATT_NOINFERIORS)"), my folders
>come back. When I put it back in, my folders disappear again.
>
>P.S. Since it's probably relevant, I'm running imap-2001a-10 (uw, I
>think), which is the latest available from Fedora Legacy for Red Hat
>7.3.

Rick,

I saw the same problem today, too.  I'm just now doing an install of
Horde 3.0.4 on a clean system, after having played with 3.0.3 the
previous week, and the problem appeared for me just as it did for you.
Backing out the patch for bug 1620 works on my end, too, although I'm
sure that's not the long term solution.

My UW c-client libary is imap-2004c1; Fedora Core 3.

Sean
sjlist at heidelberg.edu