[imp] Re: No folders except INBOX and Virtual Foldersin sidebar/folder view

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Wed Mar 30 17:11:10 PST 2005

> Quoting S JList <sjlist at heidelberg.edu>:
>
> > Rick,
> >
> > I saw the same problem today, too.  I'm just now doing an
> install of
> > Horde 3.0.4 on a clean system, after having played with 3.0.3 the
> > previous week, and the problem appeared for me just as it
> did for you.
> > Backing out the patch for bug 1620 works on my end, too,
> although I'm
> > sure that's not the long term solution.
> >
> > My UW c-client libary is imap-2004c1; Fedora Core 3.
>
> Thanks for replying. I've spent most of this afternoon trying
> unsuccessfully to get 2004c1 installed from source.
>
> It's weird, though; I'm sure more people are running uw-imap.
> If we're the only ones seeing this, I wonder what the
> difference is between our installations and theirs.

What IMAP daemon are you connecting to?

If you do a raw IMAP connection to your server & issue a LIST command, I'd
like to know what you get back...

$ telnet imapserver 143
0 login "username" "password"
0 list "" %
0 list "" *

The output of those 2 list commands will a) show you the main folders in the
parent only, and b) show you all folders.  If you see (\noinferiors)
anywhere on a folder - is that one of the folders that doesn't appear in
your listing with the patch enabled?

Also, in PHP what do you get if you run this very simple script:

<?php print_r(LATT_NOINFERIORS); ?>

It should print out "1" I believe.  If not then I might suspect that your
imap support in PHP doesn't know about the LATT_NOINFERIORS flag thus the
patch would need to be reworked.

Eli.