[imp] Réf. : Default From Address for new users

emmanuelbiennier at virtualvercors.net emmanuelbiennier at virtualvercors.net
Fri Apr 1 05:57:20 PST 2005

Hi I have the same problem and I don't find the solution BUT I think that
you can see a function in this file

imp/config/conf.php

the  "imp_expand_fromaddress" function (line 237 in my file)

you can see comments I think that you must activate this function

$conf['hooks']['from'] = 'imp_expand_fromaddress';

/* Here is an example imp_expand_fromaddress function.  You get passed the
 * $imp array and have access to everything inside it, which should be
 * plenty of information.  You can "global" anything else you need. Return
 * an address - either just the user@ side or a full address - and it will
 * be used.
 *
 * NB: If users are allowed to change their fromaddresses (not fullnames,
 * though), and they have one set, this will be overridden.
 *
 * NB2: The code assumes that this function will return a reasonable
 * address, so make sure to fall back to $imp['user'] or some such on
 * failure.
 */

I hope that you can find a solution and post it in the mailing list

"Binda Marco" <M.Binda at datasiel.net>
Envoyé par : imp-bounces at lists.horde.org
01/04/2005 15:29

        Pour :  <imp at lists.horde.org>
        cc :
        Objet : [imp] Default From Address for new users

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how to set a default from address  to webmail users ?
My email server has Postfix smtp, Cyrus Imap, IMP webmail.
New users are created with webcyradm.

Users access the webmail with the Cyrus user and password

username  has the form:

user.domain   (it's the cyrus user)

(john.example.com)

If I don't set the from addr (empty by default) in the personal default
identity , and send a mail,
the receiver think my email address is:

user.domain at domain
(john.example.com at example.com)

I need it to become:

user at domain
(john at example.com)

I tried to look inside the configuration files prefs.php and conf.php but
I am a newbie
and can't find a documentation about Imp configuration

How cal I set the adrress "From:" in the  default identity of new users
(when not already set) ?

Where can I find an in depth documentation on how to configure  IMP ?

Thanks in advance.
Marco.