[imp] Re: PHP 4.3.11 and DB warning

S.C.Hatton at liverpool.ac.uk S.C.Hatton at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 04:03:47 PDT 2005

Hello

> I am using PHP 4.3.11 and don't see the problem. However my version of
> DB.php is only 1.58 .
>
> The test.php file only checks the api version of DB.php when deciding if
>   DB.php is too old or not. Check in DB.php for a function called
> apiVersion . If this function returns less than 2 test.php thinks the
> version of DB.php is too old.

This is the apiVersion function from my DB.php file:

function apiVersion()
{
  return '1.7.5';
}

However I made a backup of my old php directory (4.3.10) before I upgraded, and the apiVersion function in the DB.php file looks like this:

function apiVersion()
{
  return 2;
}

So it looks like the latest DB.php file is causing a problem with the test.php script. I assume this won't cause any major problems with our system though.

Thanks,
Simon.