[imp] Charset problems

Joaquim Machado joaquim.machado at ine.pt
Wed Apr 6 03:23:00 PDT 2005

I'm having problems displaying the mails correctly (charset).

The problem is:

Some mails displays the message/subject incorrectly, they get funny
characters, altought i can see them correctly in a "standard" mail
client (thunderbird or outlook).

What I realised so far, is:

If the mail has an header setting like:

Then the message is displayed correctly.

But if it doesn't have that setting, then it replaces the characters
with "garbage".

Before I was using:
Horde Framework version 2.2.5
imp-3.2.3
mnemo-1.1.1
turba-1.2.2

And I didn't had this problem.

Then I upgraded to:
Horde: 3.0.4-RC2
Imp: H3 (4.0.2)
Turba: H3 (2.0.2)

And I got the problem described above.

Then I did a new upgrade (hoping that the problem might be resolved), to:
Horde: 3.0.4
Imp: H3 (4.0.3-RC1)

But the problem remains.

I spent the last few days searching, the mailing list, for
clues/solutions, and I tried a lot of things (apache configs; php.ini;
etc.), with no luck so far.

Finaly, regarding this issue, I've some questions:

1. Is this a bug?
2. Or, What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance

--