[imp] Re: Users don't want to "download" attachments

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Fri Apr 8 13:34:18 PDT 2005

You told several times, what's _not_ the wanted behavior and what the user's
_don't_ want to do.

I don't know IMP 3 and I cannot imagine what the want to do if they don't want
to preview the attachement by clicking on the link (assuming you have all the
converters installed) and if the don't want to click the download icon and
download the attachement.

There is nearly no other thing you can do with an attachement, no matter if
you use IMP4 or 3.

You could configure the browser to automagically open the attachment with the
respective application, but to be honest: Do you want that really? Every
Excel sheet or Word document with macro viruses automatically opened? Every
iloveyou.pif automatically executed? Every Yourpassword.txt.scr automatically
started?

No matter if you really want that or not, the functionality needs only the
(already existing) download button and some configuration on the client side.

If I missed a point because of you didn't really tell what is really wanted,
then please provide info.

Best,
Daniel