[imp] Re: Recommendations for imap proxies

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Apr 8 17:20:13 PDT 2005

Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

> Depends what you want to achieve. perdition for example will not help
> you if you
> are looking to speed up IMP and have persistent connections. Also you need to
> check if your IMAP server plays well with proxies and persistent connections.

Mail server is Cyrus IMAPd, so it should play nicely with up-imapproxy
from what
I've read.  I guess this just amounts to me thinking out loud.  up-imapproxy
with Cyrus murder (which we aren't running yet, because we still have a lot of
POP3 users) would amount to about the same thing as using a imap proxy with
perdition.    I am looking to speed up IMP.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator