[imp] Sending RSET command on POP3 connections

Matej Zagiba zagiba at fmph.uniba.sk
Sat Apr 9 06:17:38 PDT 2005

Hello,
  I need to setup IMP to cooperate with rather old iupop3 program
running on VMS. There is problem with messages disapearing from IMP
inbox folder. Problem is caused by iupop3 program , which marks messages
as read after RETR command and move them to different folder (which is
not accessible via pop3) after QUIT. The solution would be to issue RSET
command just before QUIT.

Is such a behavior configurable (preferably per host)?

And if not, can anybody direct me to files where the pop3 session is
defined?

  Thank for any help

  Matej Zagiba