[imp] Re: [horde] Re: IMP Deleting Wrong Emails (more info)

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Apr 11 06:09:42 PDT 2005

>> Any way to prevent these inconsistencies in the indexes?
>
> Yes, use IMAP.
>
> Jan.

Unlike Dan, we are using IMAP and I am still seeing these errors
periodically. Several users have reported this at our site,
particularly after doing a
mailbox Search.  I just experienced it this morning (but not after doing a
search) and still haven't tracked down where its coming from.

Packet captures from the web server to the mail server don't show any
connection
failures or attempts to access messages that don't exist (captured middle of
last week).  For today, I was attempting to read the latest message in my
INBOX.  The URL for that was /imp/message.php?index=61262 and "Requested
message not found" was returned twice.  The third time, I was able to read the
message.  On my mail server, message #61262 was indeed the proper
message I was
trying to access, so I'm assuming that number is the IMAP index #.

Also Friday evening I was testing up-imapproxy and was finding that sometimes,
when I would attempt to access a folder, I would get dropped into the folder I
had previously accessed.  That may be a red herring though and was only on a
test site.  The "Requested message not found" messages are being generated in
production - no IMAP proxy, connecting to Cyrus IMAP 2.1.18.

I'll keep plugging on this but if anyone has suggestions of where to
focus, I'd
appreciate it.  It could be a Cyrus bug, a UW c-client bug, a PHP bug, or an
IMP bug, or it could be none of the above, and maybe its load related..

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator