[imp] Re: IMP Account Lockout Mechanism?

Brian Clark bclark at protocolmarketing.com
Mon Apr 11 15:01:41 PDT 2005

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms040602010200070206090809

Craig White wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:15 -0500, Brian Clark wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Back in 2003, someone asked if there was the ability to automatically
>>lockout an account to prevent brute force login attacks. The answer back
>>then was "no". Has anyone come up with something since then?
>>

>----
>It's not an issue for imp - it's an issue for your backend system - i.e.
>your imap server if you are using imap account login (by far the most
>prevalent use in imp)
>
>Craig

OK. I have the ability to auth against either imap account login (via
Courier-IMAP 3.0.8) or to OpenLDAP (2.1.x) directly. Anyone successfully
implement account lockout features using either of these products?

Thanks,
Brian!

--------------ms040602010200070206090809

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...