[imp] Re: 8 bit instead of quoted printable in new messages

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Apr 13 23:30:11 PDT 2005

Quoting Сычевский Никита Сергеевич <N.Sychevsky at kes-holding.ru>:

> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to force IMP 4.0.2 to use plain 8 bit in body encoding
> instead of quoted printable?

Not by default or by any preference setting.  Sending messages 8bit is
against RFCs.  It would probably be easy enough to stick in a
$mime_part->setEncoding('8bit') someone in the compose code if you
wanted to do it though.  However, you are on your own on where to do
this - I'm not going to look into it.

> I'm using windows-1251 encoding and experience some difficulties.
> Thanks in advance.

michael