[imp] Re: filtering on new/recent IMAP messages

liam hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Apr 19 10:50:48 PDT 2005

>>> If I move a message from the Spam folder to the Inbox (due to false
>>> positive spam detection), the filter will move it back to Spam the next
>>> time I log in.

How are you moving false positives back to the inbox?  Our DSPAM installation
was originally configured to move messages marked as spam into the spam
folder,
but I think it did that by redelivering the message.  I'd suggested to you
perhaps that you could configure DSPAM to do the opposite, allowing you
to mark
"spam" messages as innocent and to configure dspam to put them back in the
inbox.  If DSPAM is actually redelievering the message instead of just copying
it into a new folder, that would explain why your filters are getting
reinvoked.

So.. maybe IMP should have the ability to copy / move messages to a new folder
when marked as innocent / spam.   A new set of options in the "Message and
Spam" admin setup tag?  Something like..

   Should we move the message to an another folder? This is useful for
   automated spam processing programs that need the original message...

Liam