[imp] Re: Hanging on redirect.php due to overlong URL (+165 chars) in IE

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Wed Apr 20 12:17:03 PDT 2005

I've re-encountered this bug while using IE again but this time it was
normal operations causing it.

Because the entire set of IMAP server settings are passed as a GET request,
the URL becomes too long for IE to handle in a Refresh header, thus the
browser just sits at a blank page with a URL pointing to the redirect.php
file.  Changing the Refresh header lines in redirect.php to Location headers
fixes the problem.

I was told that the use of Refresh headers is because of some SSL thing - so
I tested with an https URL and using Location headers did not see any
problems?

(top posting just because this thread is old).