[imp] Re: Anyone try eaccelerator?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Apr 20 14:59:24 PDT 2005

Not sure if this is the same problem that we experienced or not, but
there is a conditional in eaccelerator.h that is triggered if you are
using gcc 3.96 or greater:

/* Handle __attribute__ for nongcc compilers */
#if (__GNUC__ >= 3)  || ((__GNUC__ == 2) && (__GNUC_MINOR__ >= 96))
#  define HAS_ATTRIBUTE
#else
#  define __attribute__(x)
#endif

ifyou are using 3.95, it causes the segfaults ... changing the 96 -> 95
and rebuilding fixed the issue on our servers ..