[imp] Re: Multidomain

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Apr 22 15:46:08 PDT 2005

Quoting Guillaume Chartrand <guillaume.chartrand at Collanaud.Qc.Ca>:

> Hi, I'm pretty sure that imp can handle multidomain but I don't know
> where to configure it for my needs.
>
> What I want is when a specific user login to imp, he have is specific domain.
> Like if "john" connects to imp, the domain will be "abc.com"
> And if "joe" connects to imp, the domain will be "xyz.com"
> Did I need to specify in the login name the domain, like john at abc.com
> or horde or IMAP can handle it.
>
> I know I can add mail server in server.php but I don't want the user
> to choose it. I want the server do it for him.
>
> Now I have sendmail who's is configured for multidomain so when I
> send to joe at xyz.com its work fine but when joe reply with the horde
> application, he have the default address joe at abc.com
>
> So where I can find documentation to do that or which file I need to
> modify to do that.

For example, I use apache virtual hosts and joe at xyz.com would get
his mail from http://mail.xyz.com and joe at abc.com from
http://mail.abc.com.  Keeping that in mind, read through
horde/config/hooks.php, especially the vinfo and username hooks.  If
you ask more questions to the list, please include more information.
Horde/imp/etc versions. Authentication method, etc. etc. Good luck,

ed