[imp] migration from ms exchange

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:40:39 PDT 2005

Dear All

After a lot of reading on the net we have arrived at the following
system to migrate from ms exchange to
fetchmail-sendmail-dovecot(imap)-horde(IMP) combination.

1. Use fetchmail to fetch all the mails from inboxes of all the users
via pop3/imap from ms exchange server.
2. Export all the other mail folders including sent mail from outlook as .pst
3. Use readpst to convert .pst to MBOX
4. Use IMP's import function to import MBOX.
5. Follow the above steps for all users and each folders. ( we have
got about 100 users)

For address book.

1. Export as CSV from outlook
2. Import from Horde

It does not seem to be a very efficient way of doing this. May be this
topic would have been discussed before, but I would be very interested
if there is any other way more efficient than the above, and so would
the other list members, new and old.

Thanks

Jigish Gohil