[imp] Server side PDF conversion

Prieto Martinez, Javier javier.prieto.exts at juntadeandalucia.es
Thu Apr 28 08:35:57 PDT 2005

>It could be what I need. In fact, if the HTML conversion keeps
>the basic format, it could be even better. I'm unable to find
>information about the OO MIME Viewer in your site. Could you please
>give me some URL with more information? I'm still a newbie in Horde
>configuration.

I've finally managed to make it work, just installing wvHtml and xlhtml, and
editing the config/mime_drivers.php file.

The problem is that word documents didn't show Spanish characters, so I had
to make a call to a script which executes the real wvHtml file forcing the
charset.

Now, the line in mime_drivers.php is that one:
	$mime_drivers['horde']['msword']['location'] =
'/usr/local/bin/wvHtml';

And I've created the file /usr/local/bin/wvHtml, which just contains the
following line:
	/usr/bin/wvHtml --charset=utf-8 $*

Anyway, I'm still looking for the possibility of making the PDF conversion,
because with the HTML conversion all the graphics of the original Word
document are lost.