[imp] Inbox Problem with Imp 4.0

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon May 2 13:14:04 PDT 2005

Quoting Alexander Hauck <ah at avfsolutions.de>:

> Hi there,
>

> I hope not to spam, but couldn't find a solution in the archives: I have a
> strange problem with IMP and would appreciate any help or hint that may help
> solving the case:
>
> We manage about 100 IMAP Mailboxes on our Server, since upgrading to Horde
> 3.0.3 and Imp 4.0 two of them can not access their Inbox anymore. The
> navigation bar on the left displays that there are eg 17 messages, they
> click on "Inbox", the pages loads and ends after the </script> block (see
> Appendix A), not displaying any messages, errors etc.
>
> I checked the log, there are no errors mentioned. Afterwards I ran the Imp
> Test and Horde Test - everything is okay. I also tried deleting all of the
> users entries from the mySQL database (table horde_prefs) - without any
> result.
>
> So, if anyone has any idea, please let me know what might be the problem.

There is most likely a message in the INBOX that is causing
c-client/php to segfault.  Check for segfaults in the apache log
(assuming you are running apache) and/or upgrade your c-client version.
  If that doesn't work, you will have to determine (most likely by
trial and error) what messages are causing the problem and manually
remove them from the users' mailboxes.

michael