[imp] stupid configuration error causes unreasonable problem

alois blasbichler alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it
Tue May 3 23:10:32 PDT 2005

hello list

I had i the past the following strange Behaviour with IMP :
- sending  a mail to more than 40-50 recipients Imp puts this mail in the
directory sent-mail without sending it and without giving an error-message.
With less recipients all worked fine.

Now i have seen that it was a stupid configuration-problem in the file
config/horde/horde.php

maybe sopmebody can help this tip

luis

i had :
// What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
// currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/sbin/ssmtp');

and changing to the following all was ok :
// What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
// currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/sbin/ssmtp');