[imp] too large attachment resets compose screen instead of reporting error

amy.rich@tufts.edu amy.rich at tufts.edu
Wed May 4 13:24:52 PDT 2005

I could swear I had this working before, so I suspect some configuration
change that I made.  Environment on the test machine:

PHP 4.3.11
imp 4.0.2
horde 3.0.4

Also (which is why I think it's my config) the environment on the dev machine:

PHP 4.3.10
imp 4.0.1
horde 3.0.2

We've limited the attachment size for users by setting the following in
php.ini:

post_max_size = 32M
memory_limit = 512M

And the imp/config/conf.php:

$conf['compose']['attach_size_limit'] = '33554432';

Attachments below this size work fine.

In the past, I remember that the user got an error at the top of the compose
screen when trying to send an attachment over the specified limit.  Now,
however, all of the information on the compose screen is wiped out (to, cc,
subject, body, attachments, everything), and no error is given.

There IS a PHP error in the log file, though, so I know that the limit is
actually being checked.

May 4 16:11:35 myhost 0[8881]: [ID 800047 local4.notice] PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 48070030 bytes exceeds the limit of 33554432 bytes in Unknown on line 0

So, my question is, what could I have munged so that the compose window is
resetting instead of giving the user an error?  What files would be useful for
me to include if more information is required?

Thanks...

--
Amy Rich <amy.rich at tufts.edu>
University Systems Group, Tufts University