[imp] Feature survey: Copying messages

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Mon May 9 19:32:21 PDT 2005

Hello,

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:44:15PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> I'm interested in cleaning up the number of options that IMP presents
> you with in the message and mailbox views. I'm leaning towards
> consolidating some of them in dropdowns ala gmail, reorganizing others,
> etc.
>
> One that strikes me is "copy message" - I realize that I hardly ever
> use this. I move messages all the time, but not copy them. Would others
> please chime in on this? If my usage matches others, I'd like to remove
> the option from the mailbox screen, and either remove it from the
> message screen or at least make showing it a preference, or something
> like that.

At the risk of sounding atypical - I do use it a lot. I archive
queries from users in different mailboxes based on the topic, but I
also keep a queue of pending requests in INBOX until they've been
satisfied. Thus the copy. But well, if I'm the only one...
I read my mail using Mutt most of the time (which has a copy message
function), but when I'm away I'm glad to have this in the web mail.

Greets,
_Alain_