[imp] IMP very slow

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Wed May 11 06:14:09 PDT 2005

Zitat von beaujolais at tht.net:

> I'm running the latest version of IMP/HORDE on SuSE 9.1.
> Using the Courier IMAP, Postfix and MySQL.
> It is 1GHz Athlon machine with 786MB RAM.
> My INBOX has some 3000 plus messages.
>
> IMP is very slow in comparison to either MS Outlook or Squirrelmail access.
> Both in logging in and doing any folder or message operations.
>
> I'd say that IMP is 5x to 10x slower than Squirrelmail or Outlook.
>
> The machine CPU is mostly IDLE and there are 5 users only. It is
> quite annoying
> to have to wait 10 seconds to get folder listing in oppose 1 second
> in Squirrelmail.
>
> Is there anything that I can tweak?

Have a look at the docs/PERFORMANCE file in the horde tree. A php-accelerator
and mcrypt are the key components. Disable all display features with high
resource warnings like preview image etc.
To compare : We have a AMD K6-233 MHz with 128MB RAM and mailboxe sizes
of up to
~2500 messages simply doesn't matter at all.

Regards

Andreas