[imp] problems sending messages with attachments

liam hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Wed May 11 09:22:50 PDT 2005

> Did you try to find out which PHP code is triggering the core dump?

Yes.. tho the information at

http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

only tells you how to track down the actual PHP function that's crashing, not
the line of the PHP script / code that's breaking.

Anyways, it looks like it's imap_8bit:

(gdb) frame 6
#6  0x4061f753 in execute (op_array=0x87e9ecc)
    at /usr/src/php-4.3.11/Zend/zend_execute.c:1654
1654
((zend_internal_function *)
EX(function_state).function)->handler(EX(opline)->extended_value,
EX(Ts)[EX(opline)->result.u.var].var.ptr, EX(object).ptr, return_value_used
TSRMLS_CC);
(gdb) print (char
*)(executor_globals.function_state_ptr->function)->common.function_name
$1 = 0x429b7960 "imap_8bit"

> This may be related to http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=1950

I think they're symptoms of the same issue, which you submitted to PHP, Jan.
I think that imap_8bit in c-client 2004a is buggy..

    http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31431

I don't have a lot more luck with 2004d, though.

Again, it works if I load the fileinfo PECL module, but without it, on Mozilla
1.0.3 for OSX, and IE 6 for WinXP, it behaves oddly.  I can attach my problem
file and send my message w/o apache crashing, but the 6.7mb executable becomes
a 16MB attachment that is corrupt when you download it (the downloaded
attachment is 120 bytes short of the original file).  With fileinfo loaded, it
becomes a a 9.7MB attachment, that you can download and run.

I don't get it.

Liam