[imp] multiple front ends?

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Mon May 16 08:23:16 PDT 2005

We have 2 servers that we want to use as redundant front ends for
imp.  The 3rd server is a database server that both servers can
access.  Can both instances of imp use the same database tables or do
I have to set up a separate database for each instance?  The point of
having the database server is so a user can log on to any front end
and access his imp/turba settings without anyone knowing the difference.

The only problem I can forsee is with the session handlers... if it
doesn't uniquely identify the requesting server in the session
structure there could be problems.