[imp] IMP folder settings don't "stick"

Sun Advocate Webmaster webmaster at sunad.com
Wed May 18 08:20:10 PDT 2005

I have the most recent stable versions of Horde & IMP as of this
writing. For the most part, Horde is working great. I do have a concern,
however.

In the horde configuration, you select which IMAP folders Horde uses for
drafts, sent items, and so on. By default, it wants to create an
INBOX.sent-items or INBOX.Trash and so on. I want it to match my Mozilla
Thunderbird configuration, however. It uses "Sent" "Trash" and so on. I
have set the proper configuration options on horde to use these new
folders, but after so many login sessions, they revert back, and horde
ends up creating a bunch of new folders (INBOX.sent-items), which is
what I don't want.

I'm using MySQL as my preferences storage. The horde user has full
control to the horde_prefs MySQL table, as well as every other table in
the database.

Any ideas or suggestions? I want to make webmail available to users, but
I'm concerned that they will be more than confused if things don't work
out perfectly (they're not techno gurus).

Thanks!